Blue Sky Energy is a unique partnership based on a combined 30 years of entrepreneurial technology, general contracting, and government planning and zoning.
Gary is passionate about the environment, and wants to help his clients to save energy and resources. Himself an active outdoors enthusiast his mission is to reduce our footprint to the best of his ability. And yes, he drives a Prius.
Others know him as an upper level executive who has more than 20 years’ success with entrepreneurial companies focused on renewable energy and technology.
- 2011–Present: Engaged both in the executive suite and in the field analyzing Blue Sky Energy’s New Mexico projects for financial viability, structuring finance and working with operations selecting and awarding sub-contractors and infrastructure venders for project build-out.
- 2010–Present: Blue Sky Energy – California, a division of Rochlin Corporation, which is a boutique renewable energy concern working in the design, entitlement, construction and close out of Photovoltaic, Solar Thermal, Micro Hydro and energy efficiency
- 2012: Was awarded a Certificate of Commendation from the City of Los Angeles for dedication and contribution to environmentally sustainable projects with in Los Angeles.
- 2010–2012: Director of Renewable Energy with Spears Renewable Energy and ReGreen Inc. to target the photovoltaic market for each firms’ construction and ESCO clients.
- 2008–2010: COO for PermaCity Construction and VP of Commercial Sales for PermaCity Solar running their small industrial and residential solar division.
- 2006–2008: Designed, developed, and built by hand a sustainable “green” residence in Pacific Palisades, CA constructed with materials, finishes, and systems that draw on green building practices and incorporated renewable energy sources to minimize its carbon footprint.
- 1995–2006: Founder and President of a SRS Industries, Inc. a $20+ million a year, 54-employee operation at peak of operations. SRS started as a third party supplier for the computer services industry and transformed itself into a leader in the refurbished wireless infrastructure industry.
- 1988–1995: Founded a real estate development firm and an environmental assessment and consulting firm which was sold utilizing an employee buyout plan.
Proudly displaying the Certificate of Commendation for Gary Rochlin that he received for his work for the City of Los Angeles.
- 2013: Project manager Blue Sky Energy
- 2009–2012: Project manager Permacity Solar
- Installed over 700kW of solar since 2009